Thursday, 3 December 2015

I like to blog all the time, blog all the time

Tenuous christmas photo link.

Do you remember that time I promised to read and write every day for 100 days and managed to do so for only, erm, a pathetic three days? Despite that poor effort, I'm back to making promises I will likely never keep. This one is to blog every day in the run up to Christmas. Blogmas, it's called apparently.

I don't really know why I'm doing this, other than that I've been a bit sporadic with the blogging recently and I figured it might be a good kick up the arse and a way to get the creative juices flowing again.

I thought that the best way to kick this whole thing off was just to give a very brief summary of what I've been up to since I last wrote here and I might come back to some of these things in blog posts of their own later in the month.

Firstly, some wedding chat. We've set a date! And booked a venue! And organised food! And hired a photographer! And had many palpitations about exactly how much it costs to put on a pretty basic wedding for quite a small number of people. Also there was a really fun evening when we realised that there's a big, mad eighties festival in Perthshire the same weekend we get married and so there is NO FUCKING ACCOMMODATION FOR ANYONE. Then after a few panicked phone calls to our parents and more than a few tears (on my behalf rather than Ryan's) we decided not to take the internet's word for it and called a couple of hotels, upon which we discovered that, in actual fact, there are indeed some rooms available. This has done nothing to dissuade me that Google is trying to ruin my  life.

Perhaps partly due to the wedding stress I decided that I need a holiday to Italy. As you do. So I booked a little trip out to Como to see my Sister in February. I realised after booking, that it has been at least seven years since I've been out there. I can't wait to see her, eat pizza and drink wine at lunch time. Also she lives near George Clooney so sometimes we drive past his house on her moped and hope that we might get a chance to give ol' Georgie a wee wave.

Meanwhile, I'm still running. Although not nearly as much as I was when training for the half marathon. I was supposed to be taking part in a 10k run at the end of November but, ahem, just didn't quite manage to get out of bed in time for it. I did, however run six miles by myself later in the day to make up for it. I'm trying to get a little bit faster and had my first introduction to speed work today which was definitely not a wonderful experience. I much prefer just plodding along, listening to my podcasts and barely breaking a sweat.

So that's a little update for you all and I'll return tomorrow with equally dull enthralling stories no doubt.


2 comments:

  1. Boo for not writing but yay for holiday and wedding planning! Also I'd love to know your fave podcasts to run to as I'm running out of (no pun intended!) good ones! Katy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay holidays! Yay wedding!

      Well, that's just given me the idea for today's post! Coming soon.....

      Delete