Wednesday, 2 September 2015

It's a cat's life


This week is Scottish Animal Week and I was asked by the lovely Charlene to get involved with blogging about it to raise awareness of the work and fundraising efforts of the Scottish SPCA.

With the focus on animals, I thought I'd take some time to introduce my pet. He lives with my parents so I don't see him as often as I like, and I have, at times, cried to Ryan about this fact. I even once suggested that we move back home because 'I miss cuddling my cat'. So that's the extent of our bond. Just so we're clear. At least, that's how strongly I feel about him. I'm pretty sure that he's less bothered about me. I can't think about his lack of emotion for me in this photograph below for too long or I start to get a little upset.



Crunchie is, in my humble opinion, the best cat who has ever blessed this earth. He's got attitude like I've never seen before. He also has a preponderance for getting himself into difficult situations. Much like his owner, then.

He's used up a few of his nine lives in his thirteen years. He's been run over by a car. My Mum's car actually (oops). He's also gone for a spin in the tumble drier (again my Mum's fault). Crunchie doesn't let her forget about it easily. If his food and milk bowl isn't constantly full he exaggerates his limp a little bit until she feels sorry for him. Other than guilt tripping my Mum, his hobbies include tripping humans up, eating ice cream, sleeping in the sun and gazing disdainfully at the neighbour's cat. He also likes taking selfies with me. Clearly.



Aside from the 'accidents' Crunchie has had a pretty good life with us and he's just like another member of our family. Sadly, not every animal has such good luck and that's where the Scottish SPCA come in. They are Scotland's animal welfare charity which prevents cruelty to animals through education. They also investigate animal abuse cases, rescue animals in distress and find them new homes.

This week is Scottish Animal Week which aims to raise funds to care for Scotland's injured and abused animals. You can find out more about how to get involved in the week here or if you're feeling generous and would like to make a donation then you can do that through this page.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Crunchie is so adorable! I have a soft spot for ginger cats and he's a wee belter (I hope you read that comment in a Scottish accent).

    I can't believe he's been run over and had a spin in the tumblr drier! Poor little tike. Happy to see he's none the worse for wear for any of his, eh... adventures, though!

    Thank you again for writing a post in aid of Scottish Animal Week.

    x

    p.s. 'I can't think about his lack of emotion for me in this photograph below for too long or I start to get a little upset' - this comment is just cats all over, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene, I'll tell Crunchie he has a new fan.

      Yes, that's only a couple of his exploits. He likes sleeping in 'cosy' places. Just so happens those cosy places also tend to be quite dangerous!

      Haha yeh that is cats all over. Why don't they love us as much as we love them?

      Delete