Thursday, 8 January 2015

A year to the day

This post is a little bit cheesy but I'm cracking on anyway. Today is my blog's one year anniversary. Today is also New Years day. The two are not unconnected.

This blog was my 2014 New Years resolution, the aim being for me to undertake a year of things I'd never done before, to raise a sum of money for charity and to start sharing my writing at least semi regularly.

The common perception is that New Years resolutions are made to be broken. When I first posted and started telling people about my plans there were a few raised eyebrows and a couple of snorts of derision. Most people I told thought that the grand plans would whimper away as the year went on. They didn't though. I well and truly smashed my 2014 resolution and had a great time doing it. The only part which could have been done slightly better was the fundraising part as I didn't manage to hit my target. Regardless of that small failure, I'm pretty proud of what I achieved.

With all that said, I think it's only fitting that I start 2015 in a similar vein. I won't be completing a new challenge EVERY month, nor will I be trying to raise money for charity again because I think that people have been pressured into donating more than enough towards my fundraising efforts. I will however continue to attempt some new things and to bring you all along for the ride.

So here goes. My New Years resolutions for 2015 are;

1. Go surfing
2. Go Scuba diving
3. Buy a house
4. Give blood as often as possible.
5. Grow the readership of the blog a little. With this I'm mainly interested in more interaction i.e comments, talking to people on Twitter, attending events etc.
6. Take better care of my body. I really need to sort my nutrition out as I was plagued with illness and infection last year when I was a little bit run down.
7. Bag some more Munros (climb some more hills for anyone not au fait with this Scottish phrase!)
8. Do Tough Mudder again
9. Spend more time with friends
10. Travel some more. In particular I'd like to get to Paris at some point this year.

I'm sure as the year goes on I'll get involved in many more adventures but these are the ones that are really clear in my mind right now.

All that remains to say is Happy New Year everyone and thanks for reading my ramblings for the past year.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on actually sticking to your resolution - I don't think I've ever fully stuck to one! I've loved reading about all your challenges and look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!

      I don't think I've ever stuck to one before, normally because it's been something like 'lose weight' or 'eat healthily' and then by February I'm back on the pizza and cider.

      Thanks for reading and commenting this past year! It's always nice to get some feedback and make some internet pals :) one of my other resolutions is to try and make more of your recipes because I'm always looking at them thinking 'I should really try this one!'

      Delete