Tuesday, 18 November 2014

A week to forget.

This past week and a half has been a bit of a write off, truth be told.

One of the worst parts of it was that my new shiny bike was stolen from right outside my flat door. What makes this even more disappointing is that I noticed the absent bike right after I stopped a fight outside of Lidl. I mean, that would have made for a good story but now it's been completely usurped by the case of the missing bike.

Also, I feel that it's important to point out that this bothersome bike pilfering was actually the second offence perpetrated against me within the past few months. My decision to leave my other bike outside as a free present for someone came back to bite me in the backside as I suspect that it was a little like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for the thieving shits.

Oh how I laughed at their willingness to steal a fifteen year old bike with no working brakes. I'm not laughing now though. AM I?!?

Maybe Bill Murray stole my bike?

Another troubling development in my life of late is that I have a wonderful bout of adult acne/skin infection/bubonic plague which, even after three rounds of antibiotics, simply refuses to clear.

There are two ways in which this is RUINING my life.

Firstly, I look like a spotty, pre-pubescent teenager which is not ideal really. No, not ideal at all.

Secondly, having never given blood before, I've been keen to add this in as one of my challenges this year. I can't do that while I'm on antibiotics which is a bit frustrating as the stubbornness of the monstrosity on my face is making it seem likely that I'll be on them until well into the new year. I can say goodbye to that challenge then.

In addition to a stolen bike and a spotty face, I'm also kind of, in between jobs at the moment which has been a little bit stressful.

Finally.....there is a mouse in my house.


It is not as cute as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment