Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Early mornings do strange things to people.



Moving on from my disappointing fitness streak of late, I have gained a renewed sense of motivation from somewhere. So much so, that this week I've been getting up early to go to the gym before work. This enthusiasm isn't likely to stick around for too long but hey, at least it's here for a little while.

I woke up at 6.15am on Monday morning gloating a little that I'd managed to get up and drag myself off to a spin class at such an ungodly hour. The internal monologue went a little like this oh look at me, attending the gym everyday. I'm not one of those lazy sods still in their bed!'

I tied my trainers, grabbed my keys and gym pass and headed for the door.

I hadn't put trousers on.

Thankfully, I noticed just as I was opening the front door so I didn't venture out into the wider world sans pants, because that would be a terrifying experience for everyone involved. However the point remains that when you're feeling all smug and uppity the universe will find a way to bring you back down to earth fairly quickly.

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment