Sunday, 6 April 2014

Things I've been doing instead of training hard for the upcoming challenges

Over the next three months I'll be completing three pretty physical challenges (I might have mentioned it). You would think with those looming that I would be training hard and gearing up towards the challenges but alas, over the past few weeks my motivation appears to have dropped off a cliff and actually what I've been doing instead is;

Eating too much

It's totally fine to eat loads of carbs and cheese because I'm training for a Triathlon so I'll totally be burning it all off. Carbs are energy don't you know? Except I'm not really training so my argument is redundant.



Drinking too much

Well a girl's got to have fun. All work and no play makes Kylie a very dull girl.






Sleeping too much

These are old photographs but they illustrate my point well I think. I like sleeping. I like sleeping a lot. For the past three months I've been getting up at 6.30am to train. It was starting to get really bright in the morning and so it was becoming easier and then, THEN, the clocks went forward and now suddenly, overnight the mornings were dull again and I just lost all motivation to get out of my bed. Every morning last week when my 6.30 alarm went off I got up, switched it off and went back to sleep.




In short, I'm failing drastically to prepare for the challenges. Anyone got some motivation I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment